Thursday, August 5, 2010

Choices made easy....

Since moving to Mexico I just haven`t been the same. I haven`t felt the same, and certainly haven`t looked the same. One would have thought that with all my extra time I would have started working out and taking better care of myself, right? Well, I didn`t and boy oh boy did my body feel it.

I started seeing my Dra here a few months ago as hubby and I really want to have a baby. She sent me for some blood work, and we were shocked with the results. Apparently I am low in zinc, Vitamin B, and a few other essential nutrients. I mean I was relieved as it explained a lot. Why am I exhausted? Why am I getting headaches, etc... At first I just put it all on a new life. Change in climate, etc....

Well, my Dra had a entirely different answer. Stress. I don`t share a lot of my own personal information on my blog. That is my choice. Sure I show pics of my dogs, where I go on a weekend getaway, but really not much else... I am, and always have been pretty private, but I do have stuff going on in my life just like everyone else. Anyways, I digress.

Well, rather than sit on my butt doing nothing about it I have made some life changes recently. For starters, I am now taking a number of vitamin supplements that my Doc wanted me on, I have given up caffeine entirely, absolutely zero artificial sweeteners in my diet, and I am even trying to have only a glass of wine or two a night. LOL. That has got to be the toughest one for me. I love wine. Red wine specifically. However, the major difference in my life?? Back to the gym!!! I started in a Pilates class a few months ago, but had to stop as I just wasnt`able to make it to my class anymore.

Ever since I have started working out again (been 2 weeks, daily) I have been feeling great. I`m not just saying that. I feel awesome. I really have no excuse as we have a room in our house with all of our equipment in it. I do cardio, and weights every day. I planned on only doing 5 days a week, but I`m really liking it. I go easier on some days, than others, but now I remember WHY I used to work out all the time.

Look at my exhausted work-out partner :)

Anyways, I wanted to write about it, and plan on sharing stories of my success, and failures. I`m not necessarily doing it to lose weight, but heck if I happen to, great. I actually researched my BMI and I`m smack in the middle of the pack. In theory I could actually lose 10 pounds and still be average for my height and weight.

On my bike :)

Anyways, hopefully I stick with it, and in a few months time hubby and I can start trying!!!! Until then, wish me luck!!

10 comments:

Gringation Cancun said...

Good for you!! That's gonna be one good looking baby :)

Glad you're staying healthy. You'll be great parents someday.

Mama of 4 said...

Thats great news! I will be sending baby vibes your way!

One Small Voz said...

Suerte, amiga...with all of your goals. :-)

sally said...

Have you read the book...Taking Charge of your fertility?
It is awesome! Also the herb chasteberry aka..Vitex...Will make you super duper fertile!
TRUST me....mama of 4.
Your so darn cool...how can you drink red wine...it gives me the darndest headaches.
High five you...for working out!
So did you ever get all your furniture from up north?

ElleCancun said...

Gringation - Thank you amiga!!! Awww... you are way too sweet!! I am hoping first to get preggers, and second to have a healthy baby!! Thks for the kind words.... :) Let´s do a drink soon, k!!!

Mamaof4 - Awww....thanks, and pls keep em coming!!! We need as many vibes as possible!!!

Leah - Gracias amiga, very much appreciated!!!

Sunshine - I love you!! Thank you SO much!!!! OMG - no, I haven´t even heard of the book. I bet I could order it off amazon. It´s really that good?? OHhhhh i hope so!!! I may just be sending you some fb messages with questions regarding these herbs if you don´t mind??!!!! I wanna be a mama of someone!! LOL!! Yes, red wine, and no headaches, unless I drink a LOT!! OMG - my furniture?? The story is a nightmare.... we had to drive to Veracruz to take care of things the shipping company was supposed to take care of. Most of our things made it, but a LOT of things didn´t. Couches, TV´s, etc... sooo sad, but I have my BED!! LOL!!!

Julie C said...

Good luck with everything!! I can appreciate the "with this extra time surely I will be working out 24/7" faulty mentality... ;) Hope I can get as inspired as you & turn it around!!

Gringa-n-Mexico said...

YYYAAAAYYYYYY!!! And HOLY CRAP - you've given up a lot of vices!! But hell - that's great! And it'll be thhaaaaaattt much easier for when you're preggos and you won't have to give up all of the junk THEN - you'll have already nixed it! :) Can't wait to read here in 3 months!! :)

Anonymous said...

Good for you amiga! I look forward to reading about your progress!

KfromMichigan said...

Good luck amiga! You will be healthy in no time and I'll pray for that baby!

Refried Dreamer said...

Good for you!!! I'd don't know how you can give up wine...(uh... heaven!!!) Don't give it up completely... it just might provoke that special night ;)