Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A little bit of this and a little bit of La Isla

Sooo much has been going on in my life that it really is hard for me to put it in one blog entry. I don’t want to bore everyone – so I won’t. I’ll just give a small update and add a few pics for your viewing pleasure of one of my personal favourite things to do.

Recently we had the fundraiser for my step-mom. Results were fantastic, we had more than 220 people attend the silent auction, and even more people send their love. What a turn out – also we were very successful and were able to raise some money for her clinical visits, and ALS foundation. How wonderful to see so much love.

I’ve been busy in Canada getting ready for her night, and packing up our house that sold recently. Almost all of our things are in Mexico, but we are sending some more with a moving company. I’ll have to write about that experience after it’s all said and done – wish us luck 


Looking forward to Christmas, even more so shopping for my family. I love shopping for people for the holidays. One of my favourite malls in Cancun La Isla Mall is not too far from our place, and is in the hotel zone for all you tourists. I love this mall not because I can afford everything there, but because it truly is beautiful. It’s along the lagoon, and is outdoors. Before I came back to Canada to settle a few things I was able to get some Christmas shopping in for my 4 younger brothers and snapped a few pics for you all to see what I’m talking about. I took them in the evening, but it still looks beautiful. You have to see this place in the day time. It’s great.


5 comments:

bordersaside said...

Wow I think it looks Christmasy because it is evening and has the lights on. What a pretty place. Good luck getting everything wrapped up.

ElleCancun said...

Amanda - I never even thought of that before, but you are right...it most certainly does!!! I love this mall, and it really does look incredible during the day... It's usually so full of tourists, but next time I'm there I'll take some pics of it during the day !!! Oh and thank you.... some times life really throws you some curve balls, doesn't it!?!

Refried Dreamer said...

That looks incredible! I would def. spend all my time there... although I don't think hubby would appreciate it! Good luck with all your Xmas preparations!

ElleCancun said...

Hahaha - thanks amiga!!! It's far too dangerous a place for me to be for too long... LOL. Hubby is an accountant and he keeps me on a strict budget. He needs to, I'm terrible with money... at least I can admit that! LOL!!!

You'll have to check it out if and when you come to Cancun!!!

Graphicemotions said...

Greetings from Italy