Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Quinta Luna Cancun

It has been a really long time since my last post, but I have been soooo busy with everything going on down here in Cancun. Hubby and I are still busy moving things from Canada to Cancun, and often don’t we know where we are, or what we are doing!

Anyways, I thought I would quickly write about my suegros’ 60th birthday surprise party!!! We have been busy planning it for months – actually my Cunada and my husband have been busy planning it for months.
We rented out a place called Quinta Luna Cancun (http://www.quintalunacancun.com/ ) it was a fantastic venue for the evening. We invited about 100 guests in total and had probably that many show up!
The venue has a dance area that is covered, but over looks the pool area. A bar near the dance area with an EXCELLENT wait staff. Service was incredible and I never saw anyone without a drink in their hand.
We surprised my suegro by flying in his mom from Mexico City, and she greeted him at the entrance to the party. Wow – was that a surprise, and if he did know he did a great job pretending. We also had about 30 of his brothers, sisters, and their kids fly in from Cuernavaca. WOW – what a great evening.

Unfortunately my camera was dead, but I am gathering pictures from some family and friends – thank you. Go to the link above and check out the venue as they have a great gallery!
One of the last things I wanted to mention for all of you out there with kids – it is kid friendly! I can’t believe how great the set up was for kids. We had an air conditioned room for the kids with 2 mattresses (bring your own sheets) a TV and NANNIES!!! Okay, we had to supply the nannies, but it was wonderful. Parents didn’t have to worry about their children…as much J.

Total for the evening including venue rental, alcohol, food, etc…. $800USD. Now to me that was more than reasonable as back in Canada it would have been in the thousands!!

Feliz Cumpli Suegro!!!

5 comments:

Refried Dreamer said...

glad you guys had a good time.

justa quick ques...

would it be somewhere you could through, maybe, a small wedding?

thanks for the input!

ElleCancun said...

Omg you could throw a large or small wedding here!! It would be perfect for that and in my opinion more affordable than other places like a hotel or similar! We went all out and that was our cost with the food, servers, alcohol, music, etc... Let me know if you want or need more details!!!

Refried Dreamer said...

thanks! I emailed that link to my sister. She wants to get married in Mexico, but not invite THE ENTIRE family... something a little smaller n kick back... but she does want a jardin. If she goes to Cancun, then she only has to invite half the family. I'm hoping this is an option cuz she's on a limited budget. Would you reccomend anywhere else in your area? thanks for the info!!!

ElleCancun said...

I for sure would recommend this venue, and let me ask around... My cunada may have some better insight as she used to be in PR and knows what's around!!!

Ohh if she comes here we can hit the town one night!

Refried Dreamer said...

that'd be perfect! Def. have to make a date!

THanks for the info in advance!