Sunday, April 10, 2011

Hotter than hell down here!!!

Hi Everyone!

I am back in Cancun and missing Calgary like crazy. How can I miss that blizzard of a storm I left behind you ask? Easy. Family. Friends. Food. Shopping. I could go on and on. However, that being said I am happy that I'm able to work on my tan again. I can't believe how fast I lost my colour when I went back home. Calgary is one of the driest cities in North America!!

Cancun warmed up in the last few weeks. At first I thought I just had to get used to the heat again, but nope, it's HOT here. For most tourists it's absolutely lovely. As a local I'm not the biggest fan of summer heat in Cancun. I can not wear make up, can't apply moisturizer, no high heels, etc... OMG... Don't even ask me about cooking. Yesterday I was sweating up a storm in the kitchen!! Awful!!! UGHHH. LOL!

On to some really good news.... I lost 5 pounds!!!!! My pants are much looser, and I can really feel it. How did I lose this weight? Pilates and my diet. I gave up sweets for Lent so that probably helped, and I've also been watching my portion sizes. That is my biggest piece of advice for anyone trying to lose weight, and who don't want to completely change what they eat.Oh and btw I am a size 2 again!! A really happy size 2. I would still like to lose a few more pounds, and tone up, but I am so happy. All of my hard work has paid off!!!

IAs I mentioned a few posts ago, I am a student again. I am currently studying nutrtion and will be a Certified Holistic Health Coach, and a member of the American Association of Drugless Practitioners. For those of you who know me personally this won't come as a surprise. I have always had a passion for nutrtition and exercise. I'm very happy that my parents are so supportive and helped me make this possible. Thanks Mom and Dad :)

My best friend Abby arrives in Cancun on Wednesday night for eight days. We are both so excited, and I can't wait to spend some quality time with her. We both plan on working out together the entire time she is here, and maybe next week I'll be down a few more pounds!! Wish me luck :)

Adios for now...

10 comments:

Crazy Rita said...

Excellent. I like the holistic approach to health. Congratulations.

KfromMichigan said...

Congrats on the holistic approach! Send some heat my way Amiga!

Anonymous said...

COngrats on being a student (sounds awesome) and on losing 5 pounds!

I've found that a few days at the gym every week and smaller portion sizes has worked wonders for me, too! (I'll never be a size 2, but I'll be damn hot haha)

And yes, it's ridiculously hot here lately... and it will get hotter. I've stopped using my foundation :(

shannon said...

I love the heat, Florida was 90 when we left now we are back to cooler weather! Spring is in the air and hopefully warmer temps. will arrive soon.

You will have to send me some tips when you are done school! I am the worst eater and sweets are my best friend! (maybe that is why I am not losing any weight-you think?!)

Ps. You Mom looks amazing for 50! Sounds like her party was a blast!

Alice said...

love that you're studying holistic nutrition. post some of the stuff you're learning!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Lauren!! My girlfriend in Canada has dedicated her life to holistic medicine. She got into it after passing a few bad years of feeling really terrible and aftyer all western doctors told her that there wasn't anything that they could do for her she started investigating other options. She now has made a career of it.I have sent you amessage via FB with her FB business page link Her name is Lehla Good luck and welcome back to Cancun.

Barb said...

I think my left leg is a size 2...lol.

Congrats on your weight loss.

Unknown said...

Wow congrats! And good luck working out in this heat. I was so mising the heat when I was back home too but now I have to get used to the heat again also. It is really not making me want to exercise.

VisitLaManzanilla said...

It's heating up here in La Manzanilla too. I can always tell how hot it is by how many showers I need to take during the day. I'm at 2 but by August it will be more like 4! As for dieting...Zumba baby, 2 days a week and eat whatever you want. It worked for me, I'm back to a size 6 from an all time high of 8 last summer!

Brendan & Louise said...

It is so so hot here too!!! I have a feeling we are both going to be in the pool a lot this summer!! ahah!