Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Love it, or Hate it!?

Okay, so as I've mentioned in a couple previous posts we have been busy renovating a house. Did I mention a house that isn't even ours, oh and we are paying for it? Okay, okay, that`s just me bitching just a little bit. Is that right? I don't know, but I do know that there are some things that NEED to be fixed/changed. Those are the things that we will try to get subracted from a months rent. For example: water pipe busted in main floor washroom and leaking all over the place, A/C (central) broken. HELLLOOO - we are not stupid and would never rent a place with out A/C in Cancun!!! Come on now!! Thank goodness it's only February.
One of our "fun" projects has been adding some colour to our very white house. **cheers, cheers**

So, most people will either love it or hate it. What colour do you ask? We went from Casa Blanca to Casa Alive. It's a work in progress. We ended up running out of paint as we had our muchacho who we like to call Superman keep on going. Maybe we are getting a little carried away, but for now we love it!

11 comments:

Leslie Harris said...

LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT! Orange is such a happy color and it looks great in your house. Can't wait to see the pics of the finished product! :D

One Small Voz said...

It's Mexico - you MUST have color! Looks fun and full of energy, keep painting.

Gringa-n-Mexico said...

OMG I LOVE the colors! MORE! MORE! Or you know, what ever floats your boat but I adore what you've done so far. :) And hell yes make that landlord pay for whatever repairs you do! Our last one wouldn't pay for the new dead bolts we installed after being robbed (jerk) so when we moved we damn well took them with us!

Christina said...

It looks fabulous!!!! I LOVE it.

Anonymous said...

That's such a beautiful house! I looooove the colors! I think you should leave it painted like it is now, but throw in some colorful paintings and accessories to boot. (That way, you also wouldnt have to pay for things you can't reuse somewhere else... like paint.)

My house in Cancun is cheap, but pretty crap-tastic. I'm jealous.

ElleCancun said...

Leslie - THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! That's exactly why we picked orange!!

Leah - Thank you - you get it!!! When I tell my friends back home, they think..rrr..orange??!!

Gringa - Why THANK YOU!!! You're like me - more, more!!! We are now thinking of adding some contrasting yellows! We'll see what kinda mex mess we can come up with! LOL!! Ohhhh we had to install new dead bolts too!!! Hubby was sending him our facturas today, so here's hoping!!! Otherwise, the good stuff is coming and they can keep the shitty stuff for themselves!

ElleCancun said...

Christina - THANK you!!!! Let's hope it looks good complete!

ElleCancun said...

Gringation - thank you! The house is great, but it was a LOT more rundown then we had expected. They had promised to paint, and send in cleaners...but NOPE. I'm sorry, one thing I can't live in is a DIRTY house. I don't just mean dirty as in dusty, I mean dirty. Burnt food still rotted in the stove top (electric). Rusted, rotted sinks from the kitchen through the bathrooms. Water leakages in the bathroom they tried to "fix" with TP and Tape!! Really TP? The stuff you wipe youar A$$ with!!! Yeah, that's gonna stop a pipe leak!!!

Oh and yes on the paintings and stuff! Our furniture is still stuck in customs and already 1 month late...

What makes up for it is the yard... My dog loves it, and I do too :)

Refried Dreamer said...

AMAZING!!!! *wee bit jealous**

Enjoy your new paradise!

sally said...

We've had to pay for our ac to be fixed...they didnt take it off the rent either! mean mean plp!
I'm soooo loving your huge casa....would love to see more pictures of the outside! I'm a casa stalker...i love to see houses in mexico...it intrigues me for some odd reason!

ElleCancun said...

Refried - thank you! No need to be jealous, it looks better than it is!

Sunshine - I'm a casa stalker too!! I love seeing what the other houses in Mx look like!! I'll post some more pics soon! OH and we got the landlord to agree to take the AC cost off our rent! we told them we'd get a lawyer and void our lease. We rented a place with AC. They thought about it and agreed. There are SO many places to rent here, they knew we weren't bluffing. We weren't.