Friday, August 7, 2009

A little bit of paradise!

Well, I just got back from 16 days in what I like to call the European Paradise .... Croatia!
My brother and I enjoying a laugh by the sea
What an amazing trip I had, but oh boy oh boy was it scorching hot!! This heat was out of this world insane. It was drier than Cancun, and there certainly was not a breeze to be had. There is a heat wave going on along the Mediterranean, and Croatia was hit with temperatures ranging from 40-50 degrees Celsius!!! YES, I said 50. To me this was unbearable, and I honestly sat in the shade for the most part! My poor grandmother... I drug her all over the place in that heat - she was a trooper!
I don't want to bore anyone with too many details, but I"ll fill you in with a shortlist of what I did:

-Cousins wedding - starts at 1:00 pm and ended at 5:30am (literally best wedding I have EVER been to)
-Beaches of Split, Makarska and Dubrovnik - all AMAZING, but VERY expensive
-Visit family, family and more and more family
-Went to Medugorije, Mostar, Omitski, etc...
-Another cousins wedding - not as good as the first one, but still nice
-Much, much more!
Here are a few pics, I hope you enjoy!

Me shopping in Split


2 comments:

Suzanne Marie Bandick said...

Well welcome back to the cooler climes! Never thought I would say that about the Riveiera Maya in the summer. Glad you had such a lovely time.

ElleCancun said...

Thanks amiga - I never thought I'd be saying that either!!!

It was amazing!