Thursday, May 14, 2009

Next holiday in Mexico could be free?? Swine Flu Update!

Sooo, I've taken awhile to post as I've been travelling Eastern areas of Canada (Quebec City, Montreal, and Tremblant), and I've even avoided writing, discussing, thinking - about the Swine Flu situation in Mexico, and throughout Canada and the US. I am the type of person who gets annoyed pretty easily when listening/reading sensationalist articles about Mexico - this was just another cherry on the cake, and I know myself better than to get into arguments that typically get me nowhere!

With that being said is my next blog post as I truly find it amusing. In hopes of boosting tourism in Mexico, some hotels are offering free vacations for 3 years if they develop H1N1 within 8 days of returning home from their vacation!! Obviously they have to put a time limit on this, but that is how sure they are that the majority of already healthy people WON'T get sick. To my knowledge the list of hotel chains are the Real Resorts, Dreams, and Secrets.




There is always more to it than just this, but if you check out the sites above they have more detail into exactly how it works. You can't just develop any type of influenza and receive your 3 free years vacation, and you have to book between a given time, but other than that it seems pretty straight forward to me!

I truly believe with all my heart that it is SAFE to visit Mexico, especially Cancun and the Riviera Maya!! So come one, come all and enjoy all that this wonderful country has to offer!!!


Like some of my blogging friends, here are a few pics that will maybe plant a little seed ...


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've seen a few blog posts on this free Mexico vacation thing. I guess it means they're pretty confident that you won't get the virus. I think it has been blown way out of proportion from the media but I think tourism in Mexico will go back to normal soon. Here's to vacationing!

VisitLaManzanilla said...

OMG! Free if I get swine flu after my return north! I hope they didn't pay someone for that PR scheme.

So, swine flu, survived it. Just like I did the bird flu a few years ago.

My thought is it's to a government's advantage to keep people worried and agitated about trival things so they don't ask the hard questions and demand that their governments are present and accountable.

cough, cough from the pacific coast of Mexico where we've live since September...flu free.

Frankly Ronda said...

I have not heard the free vacation angle ... odd

ElleCancun said...

Alex - I'm thinking they sure have to be pretty confident, because when I read the stipulations - they weren't THAT crazy! I'd have to agree it was blown WAY out of proportion! Cheers to vacationing amigo!!

VisitLaManzanilla - Amiga, I never really looked at it from a political standpoint, but GREAT point! One never knows...right! Here's to staying flu free - coast to coast! sniffle...

AmericanMommy - This just hit the news a few days ago, and still only a few hotel chains are promising this "deal"